There are many scenic nature trails around the Lake Koshkonong region perfect for hiking, bird watching and more. Stay tuned for more info to follow.
Koshkonong Wildlife Area is a property of approximately 800 acres consisting of a high quality deep water marsh which transitions into shrub carr and bottomland hardwoods. On the south side of the property there is a small portion of uplands primarily consisting of existing and restored oak savanna.
- Wisconsin DNR — Koshkonong Wildlife Area
- Lake Koshkonong Wetland Association — Important Bird Area (IBA)
- Great Wisconsin Birding & Nature Trail — Jefferson Marsh State Wildlife Area & Tamarack Swamp State Natural Area
- Wisconsin DNR — Jefferson Tamarack Swamp
- Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative — Greater Lake Koshkonong